In this conversion page, the tables and the converter are based on the US fluid gallons and liters.
How many gallons in a liter?
1 Liter (L) is equal to 0.26417205236 gallon. To convert liters to gallons, multiply the liter value by 0.26417205236 or divide by 3.785411784.
For example, to find out how many gallons there are in 20 liters, multiply 20 by 0.26417205236, that makes 5.28344105 gallons in 20 liters.
liters to US gallons formula
gallon = liter * 0.26417205236
gallon = liter / 3.785411784
Common conversions from liters to gallons:
- 2 liters = 0.52834410536 gallon
- 3 liters = 0.792516157 gallon
- 4 liters = 1.05668821 gallons
- 5 liters = 1.32086026 gallons
- 10 liters = 2.6417205236 gallons
- 20 liters = 5.28344105 gallons
- 30 liters = 7.92516157 gallons
- 40 liters = 10.5668821 gallons
- 50 liters = 13.2086026 gallons
To calculate how many water bottles of different sizes can fit in "x" gallons and view the gallons to water bottles table, please visit how many water bottles are in gallons.
What is a Liter?
Liter (litre) is a metric system volume unit. 1 liter = 0.26417205236 US fluid gallon. 1 liter = 0.2199692483 Imperial gallon. The symbol is "L".
Please visit all volume units conversion to convert all volume units.