How many liters in a gallon?
1 Gallon is equal to 3.785411784 liters (L). To convert gallons to liters, multiply the gallon value by 3.785411784.
For example, to find out how many liters in a gallon and a half, multiply 1.5 by 3.785411784, that makes 5.678 liters in a gallon and a half.
1 Fluid Gallon = 3.785411784 Liters
How many gallons in a liter?
1 Liter is equal to 0.26417205236 gallon. To convert liters to gallons, multiply the liter value by 0.26417205236 or divide by 3.785411784.
1 Liter = 0.26417205236 Fluid Gallon
You may also use this volume units conversion calculator tool to convert between US, imperial gallons and liters.
What is Gallon?
Gallon is an imperial and United States Customary measurement systems volume unit. The symbol is "gal".
- 1 US fluid gallon = 3.785411784 Liters
- 1 US dry gallon = 4.4048838 Liters
- 1 Imperial gallon = 4.54609 Liters
What is Liter?
Liter (litre) is a metric system volume unit. The symbol is "L".
- 1 Liter = 0.26417205236 US fluid gallon
- 1 Liter = 0.22702074457 US dry gallon
- 1 Liter = 0.2199692483 Imperial gallon