How to convert gallons to fluid ounces?
1 US fluid gallon is equal to 128 US fluid ounces (oz). To convert gallons to fluid ounces, multiply the gallon value by 128.
For example, to calculate how many fluid ounces is 2 gallons of water, multiply 2 by 128, that makes 256 fl oz is 2 gallons of water.
US gallons to fluid ounces formula
fluid ounce = gallon * 128
To convert between imperial gallons and fluid ounces, please visit imperial gallons to fluid ounces converter.
How many water bottles are there in a gallon?
1 US gallon is equal to 128 US fluid ounces. To calculate how many water bottles sized in oz can fit in gallons, multiply the number of gallons by 128 and divide by the size of the water bottle in US fluid oz.
For example, to calculate how many 16.9 oz water bottles can fit in 3 gallons, multiply 3 by 128 and divide by 16.9, that makes 22.72 water bottles of 16.9 oz can fit in 3 gallons.
Different sizes of water bottles in a gallon:
- there are 16 water bottles of 8 oz in a US gallon
- there are 10.6 water bottles of 12 oz in a US gallon
- there are 7.57 water bottles of 16.9 oz in a US gallon
- there are 6.4 water bottles of 20 oz in a US gallon
- there are 5.3 water bottles of 24 oz in a US gallon
- there are 3.78 water bottles of 33.8 oz in a US gallon
To calculate how many water bottles of different sizes can fit in gallons and view the gallons to water bottles table, please visit how many water bottles are in gallons.
What is a Gallon?
Gallon is an imperial and United States Customary systems volume unit. 1 US gallon = 128 US fluid ounces and 1 Imperial gallon = 160 Imperial fluid ounces. The symbol is "gal".
- 1 US fluid gallon = 128 US fluid ounces
- 1 Imperial gallon = 160 Imperial fluid ounces
Common conversions from US gallons to ounces (fl oz)
- 1/8 gal = 16 fl oz
- 1/4 gal = 32 fl oz
- 1/3 gal = 42.66 fl oz
- 1/2 gal = 64 fl oz
- 1 gal = 128 fl oz
- 1.5 gal = 192 fl oz
- 2 gal = 256 fl oz
- 2.5 gal = 320 fl oz
Please visit volume units conversion to convert all volume units.