How to convert cups to gallons?
1 Cup is equal to 0.0625 gallon. To convert cups to gallons, multiply the cup value by 0.0625 or divide by 16.
1 Cup = 0.0625 (1/16) Gallon
How to convert gallons to cups?
1 Gallon is equal to 16 cups. To convert gallons to cups, multiply the gallon value by 16.
For example, to find out how many cups in a half gallon, multiply 0.5 by 16, that makes 8 cups in a half gallon.
1 Gallon = 16 Cups
You may also use this volume units conversion calculator to convert between United States Customary, imperial gallons and cups.
What is a Cup?
Cup is a volume unit. The imperial cups are no longer in use today and replaced by the metric cups. The symbol is "c".
Here is a quick reference from cups to gallons:
- 8 cups to gallons = 0.5 gallon in 8 cups
- 16 cups to gallons = 1 gallon in 16 cups
- 24 cups to gallons = 1.5 gallons in 24 cups
- 32 cups to gallons = 2 gallons in 32 cups
- 48 cups to gallons = 3 gallons in 48 cups
- 64 cups to gallons = 4 gallons in 64 cups
What is a Gallon?
Gallon is an imperial and United States Customary measurement systems volume unit. There are 16 cups in a gallon. The symbol is "gal".
- 1 US fluid gallon = 16 US cups
- 1 US dry gallon = 18.618355 US cups
- 1 Imperial gallon = 18.18436 Metric cups