How to convert cups to gallons?
1 Cup is equal to 0.0625 gallon. To convert cups to gallons, multiply the cup value by 0.0625 or divide by 16.
For example, to find out how many gallons there are in 24 cups, divide 24 by 16, that makes 1.5 gallons in 24 cups.
1 Cup = 0.0625 Gallon
How to convert gallons to cups?
1 Gallon is equal to 16 cups. To convert gallons to cups, multiply the gallon value by 16.
For example, to find out how many cups in a half gallon, multiply 0.5 by 16, that makes 8 cups in a half gallon.
1 Gallon = 16 Cups
You may also use this volume units conversion calculator to convert between United States Customary, imperial gallons and cups.
What is a Cup?
Cup is a volume unit. The imperial cups are no longer in use today and replaced by the metric cups. The symbol is "c".
Here is a quick reference from cups to gallons:
- 8 cups to gallons = 0.5 gallon in 8 cups
- 16 cups to gallons = 1 gallon in 16 cups
- 24 cups to gallons = 1.5 gallons in 24 cups
- 32 cups to gallons = 2 gallons in 32 cups
- 48 cups to gallons = 3 gallons in 48 cups
- 64 cups to gallons = 4 gallons in 64 cups
What is a Gallon?
Gallon is an imperial and United States Customary measurement systems volume unit. There are 16 cups in a gallon. The symbol is "gal".
- 1 US fluid gallon = 16 US cups
- 1 US dry gallon = 18.618355 US cups
- 1 Imperial gallon = 18.18436 Metric cups