How many gallons in an oil barrel?
There are 42 gallons in an oil barrel. To convert oil barrels to gallons, multiply the oil barrel value by 42.
For example, to find out how many gallons in an oil barrel and a half, multiply 1.5 by 42, that makes 63 gallons in an oil barrel and a half.
1 US Oil Barrel = 42 Gallons
1 Fluid barrel is equal to 31.5 gallons. To convet between fluid barrels and gallons please check fluid barrels to gallons conversion calculator tool.
How to convert gallons to oil barrels?
As there are 42 gallons in an oil barrel, to convert gallons to oil barrels, divide the gallon value by 42.
1 Gallon = 0.023809523809 US OIL Barrel
You may also use this volume units conversion calculator tool to convert between barrels, gallons and other volume units.
What is a Barrel?
Barrel is a volume unit. The symbol is "bbl".
- 1 US OIL Barrel = 42 US Fluid Gallons
- 1 US Fluid Barrel = 31.5 US Fluid Gallons
- 1 US Dry Barrel = 26.24975569 US Dry Gallons
- 1 Imperial Barrel = 36 Imperial Gallons
What is a Gallon?
Gallon is an imperial and US Customary volume unit. The symbol is "gal".
- 1 US Fluid Gallon = 0.023809523809 US OIL Barrel
- 1 US Fluid Gallon = 0.031746031745 US Fluid Barrel
- 1 US Dry Gallon = 0.038095592657 US Dry Barrel
- 1 Imperial Gallon = 0.027777777778 Imperial Barrel