How many gallons in an oil barrel?
1 Oil barrel (bbl) is equal to 42 gallons (gal). To convert oil barrels to gallons, multiply the oil barrel value by 42.
1 US Oil Barrel = 42 US Fluid Gallons
How many gallons in a fluid barrel?
1 Fluid barrel (bbl) is equal to 31.5 gallons (gal). To convert fluid barrels to gallons, multiply the fluid barrel value by 31.5.
1 US Fluid Barrel = 31.5 US Fluid Gallons
You may also use this volume units conversion calculator tool to convert between barrels, gallons and other volume units.
What is Barrel?
Barrel is a volume unit. The symbol is "bbl".
- 1 US Fluid Barrel = 31.5 US Fluid Gallons
- 1 US Dry Barrel = 26.24975569 US Dry Gallons
- 1 US OIL Barrel = 42 US Fluid Gallons
- 1 Imperial Barrel = 36 Imperial Gallons
What is Gallon?
Gallon is an imperial and US Customary volume unit. The symbol is "gal".
- 1 US Fluid Gallon = 0.031746031745 US Fluid Barrel
- 1 US Dry Gallon = 0.038095592657 US Dry Barrel
- 1 US Fluid Gallon = 0.023809523809 US OIL Barrel
- 1 Imperial Gallon = 0.027777777778 Imperial Barrel