How many gallons are there in a barrel?
There are 31.5 US fluid gallons in a fluid barrel and 42 US gallons in an oil barrel. There are 26.25 US dry gallons in a dry barrel.
1 Fluid Barrel = 31.5 US Fluid Gallons
How to convert barrels to gallons?
To convert barrels to gallons, multiply the fluid barrel value by 31.5, oil barrel value by 42 and the dry barrel value by 26.25.
For example, to find out how many gallons there are in a fluid barrel and a half, multiply 1.5 by 31.5 that makes 47.25 US fluid gallons in 1.5 fluid barrels.
You may also use this volume units conversion calculator tool to convert between barrels, gallons and other volume units.
What is Barrel?
Barrel is a volume unit. The symbol is "bbl".
- 1 US Fluid Barrel = 31.5 US Fluid Gallons
- 1 US Dry Barrel = 26.24975569 US Dry Gallons
- 1 US OIL Barrel = 42 US Fluid Gallons
- 1 Imperial Barrel = 36 Imperial Gallons
What is Gallon?
Gallon is an imperial and United States Customary volume unit. The symbol is "gal".
- 1 US Fluid Gallon = 0.031746031745 US Fluid Barrel
- 1 US Dry Gallon = 0.038095592657 US Dry Barrel
- 1 US Fluid Gallon = 0.023809523809 US OIL Barrel
- 1 Imperial Gallon = 0.027777777778 Imperial Barrel