How many cups in a quart?
There are 4 cups in a quart. To convert quarts to cups, multiply the quart value by 4.
For example, to find out how many cups in a quart and a half, multiply 1.5 by 4, that makes 6 cups in a quart and a half.
1 Quart = 4 Cups
How many quarts in a cup?
1 Cup is equal to 0.25 quart. To convert cups to quarts, multiply the cup value by 0.25 or divide by 4.
For example, to find out how many quarts is 12 cups, divide 12 by 4, that makes 3 quarts in 12 cups.
1 Cup = 0.25 Quart
What is a Quart?
Quart is an imperial and United States Customary systems volume unit and defined as equal to a quarter of a gallon or two pints. 1 US fluid quart is equal to 4 US cups. 1 US dry quart is equal to 4.654588 US cups. The symbol is "qt".
Three different sizes of quarts:
- 1 US fluid quart = 4 US cups
- 1 US dry quart = 4.654588 US cups
- 1 Imperial quart = 4.54609 Metric cups
Here is a quick reference from quarts to cups:
- 1 quart to cups = 4 cups in 1 quart
- 1/2 quart to cups = 2 cups in 1/2 quart
- 1/4 quart to cups = 1 cup in 1/4 quart
- 2/3 quart to cups = 2.67 cups in 2/3 quart
- 3/4 quart to cups = 3 cups in 3/4 quart
What is a Cup?
Cup is a volume unit. The imperial cups are no longer in use today and replaced by the metric cups. The symbol is "c".