How many pounds in a metric ton?
There are 2204.62262 pounds in a metric ton. To convert metric tons to pounds, multiply the ton value by 2204.62262.
For example, to find out how many pounds in a metric ton and a half, multiply 1.5 by 2204.62262, that makes 3306.93 pounds in a metric ton and a half.
1 Metric Ton = 2204.62262 Pounds
How to convert pounds to metric tons?
1 Pound (lb) is equal to 0.00045359237 metric ton. To convert pounds to metric tons, multiply the pound value by 0.00045359237 or divide by 2204.62262.
1 Pound = 0.00045359237 Metric Ton
To convert UK long tons to pounds, please use UK long tons to pounds calculator tool.
What is Ton?
Ton is an Imperial, United States Customary and the metric systems mass unit. The symbol is "t".
- 1 US short ton = 2000 Pounds
- 1 Imperial (UK) long ton = 2240 Pounds
- 1 Metric ton = 2204.6226218 Pounds
What is Pound?
Pound (lb) is a unit of mass in Imperial and United States Customary measurement systems. The symbol is "lb".
- 1 Pound = 0.0005 US short ton
- 1 Pound = 0.00044642857143 Imperial (UK) long ton
- 1 Pound = 0.00045359237 Metric ton (tonne)