How many pounds in a US short ton?
There are 2000 pounds in a short ton. To convert short tons to pounds, multiply the ton value by 2000.
For example, to find out how many pounds in a short ton and a half, multiply 1.5 by 2000, that makes 3000 pounds in a short ton and a half.
1 US Short Ton = 2000 Pounds
How to convert pounds to US short tons?
1 Pound (lb) is equal to 0.0005 US short ton. To convert pounds to short tons, multiply the pound value by 0.0005 or divide by 2000.
1 Pound = 0.0005 US Short Ton
To convert UK long tons to pounds, please use UK long tons to pounds calculator tool.
What is a Ton?
Ton is an Imperial, United States Customary and the metric systems mass unit. 1 US short ton is equal to 2000 lbs, 1 UK long ton is equal to 2240 lbs and 1 Metric ton is equal to 2204.6226218 lbs. The symbol is "t".
- 1 US short ton = 2000 Pounds
- 1 Imperial (UK) long ton = 2240 Pounds
- 1 Metric ton (tonne) = 2204.6226218 Pounds
What is a Pound?
Pound (lb) is a unit of mass in Imperial and United States Customary measurement systems. The symbol is "lb".
- 1 Pound = 0.0005 US short ton
- 1 Pound = 0.00044642857143 Imperial (UK) long ton
- 1 Pound = 0.00045359237 Metric ton (tonne)