How many pounds in a US short ton?
1 US short ton is equal to 2000 pounds (lbs). To convert short tons to pounds, multiply the ton value by 2000.
1 US Short Ton = 2000 Pounds
How to convert pounds to US short tons?
1 Pound (lb) is equal to 0.0005 US short ton. To convert pounds to short tons, multiply the pound value by 0.0005 or divide by 2000.
1 Pound = 0.0005 US Short Ton
To convert UK long tons to pounds, please use UK long tons to pounds calculator tool.
What is Ton?
Ton is an Imperial, United States Customary and the metric systems mass unit. 1 US short ton is equal to 2000 pounds, 1 UK long ton is equal to 2240 pounds and 1 Metric ton is equal to 2204.6226218 pounds. The symbol is "t".
- 1 US short ton = 2000 Pounds
- 1 Imperial (UK) long ton = 2240 Pounds
- 1 Metric ton (tonne) = 2204.6226218 Pounds
What is Pound?
Pound (lb) is a unit of mass in Imperial and United States Customary measurement systems. The symbol is "lb".
- 1 Pound = 0.0005 US short ton
- 1 Pound = 0.00044642857143 Imperial (UK) long ton
- 1 Pound = 0.00045359237 Metric ton (tonne)