How many grams in a metric ton (tonne)?
1 Metric ton (tonne) is equal to 1000000 grams (g). To convert tons to grams, multiply the ton value by 1000000.
For example, to find out how many grams in a ton and a half, multiply 1.5 by 1000000, that makes 1500000 grams in a ton and a half.
1 Metric Ton = 1 000 000 Grams
How to convert grams to metric tons?
1 Gram (g) is equal to 0.000001 metric ton. To convert grams to metric tons, multiply the gram value by 0.000001 or divide by 1000000.
1 Gram = 0.000001 Metric Ton
To convert UK long tons to grams, please use UK long tons to grams calculator tool.
What is a Ton?
Ton is a unit of mass in United States Customary, Imperial and the Metric systems. 1 US short ton is equal to 907184.74 grams, 1 Metric ton is equal to 1000000 grams and 1 UK long ton is equal to 1016046.91 grams. The symbol is "t".
- 1 Metric ton (tonne) = 1 000 000 Grams
- 1 US short ton = 907 184.74 Grams
- 1 Imperial (UK) long ton = 1 016 046.91 Grams
What is a Gram?
Gram is a unit of mass in the metric system. The symbol is "g".
- 1 Gram = 0.000001 Metric ton (tonne)
- 1 Gram = 0.0000011023113109 US short ton
- 1 Gram = 0.000000984206528 Imperial (UK) long ton