In this conversion page, the tables and the converter are based on the US fluid ounces and the US shots.
How many fluid ounces (fl oz) in a shot glass?
There are 1.5 fluid ounces in a shot glass. To convert shots to fluid ounces, multiply the shot value by 1.5.
For example, to find out how many ounces in a shot and a half, multiply 1.5 by 1.5, that makes 2.25 ounces in 1.5 shot glass.
What is a Shot?
Shot is a volume unit and designed to hold or measure spirits or liquor. There is no standard size for shot glasses.
- 1 Australian shot = 1.014 fl oz
- 1 Canadian shot = 1.5 fl oz
- 1 German shot = 0.676 fl oz
- 1 Japanese shot = 2.028 fl oz
- 1 Russian shot = 1.69 fl oz
- 1 UK shot = 0.845 or 1.183 fl oz
- 1 US shot = 1.5 fl oz
To convert only between the frequently used volume units, please visit volume converter.