How many grams in an ounce?
There are 28.349523125 grams in an ounce. To convert ounces to grams, multiply the ounce value by 28.349523125.
For example, to find out how many grams in an ounce and a half, multiply 1.5 by 28.349523125, that makes 42.52 grams in an ounce and a half.
1 Ounce = 28.349523125 Grams
How many ounces in a gram?
As there are 28.349523125 grams in an ounce, to convert grams to ounces, divide the gram value by 28.349523125.
For example, to find out how many ounces is 250 grams, divide 250 by 28.349523125, that makes 8.8 ounces in 250 grams.
1 Gram = 0.03527396198 Ounce
You may also use this weight and mass units conversion calculator tool to convert between ounces, grams and other weight & mass units.
What is an Ounce?
Ounce is an imperial system unit of mass. 1 Avoirdupois ounce is equal to 28.349523125 grams and 1 troy ounce is equal to 31.1034768 grams. The symbol is "oz".
The avoirdupois ounce is defined as 28.349523125 grams under the international yard and pound agreement of 1959.
- 1 Avoirdupois Ounce = 28.349523125 Grams
- 1 Troy Ounce = 31.1034768 Grams
Here is a quick reference from ounces to grams:
- 4 oz to grams = 113.398 grams in 4 oz
- 8 oz to grams = 226.796 grams in 8 oz
- 16 oz to grams = 453.592 grams in 16 oz
- 24 oz to grams = 680.389 grams in 24 oz
- 32 oz to grams = 907.185 grams in 32 oz
- 64 oz to grams = 1814.37 grams in 64 oz
What is a Gram?
Gram is a metric system mass unit. The symbol is "g".
- 1 Gram = 0.03527396198 Avoirdupois Ounce
- 1 Gram = 0.03215074656 Troy Ounce